Thursday 7 March 2013

Gaming. And life.

It's been a while since I've written something about my life as a gamer,
and I feel like I should do it more often.
So here's one thing, a thought I am struggling with nowadays.

You see, I have noticed that I can lose myself in the projected worlds
on my tv screen. Or handhelds, for that matter.
It's not healthy, and I feel like my 'real world' is not getting the same
amount of attention as the 'other worlds'.

And so I was thinking. I should learn how to drive a car,
but instead I am flying a Loftwing in Zelda or slaying a Dragon in Dragon's Dogma.
I should be looking for a job instead of training a Tyranitar in Pokémon.

Yesterday I found one job on the internet and I sent them an e-mail,
it felt like an accomplishment for me.
I know I should be looking for five to ten jobs a week,
to stand a chance of getting one.
But I feel more compelled to become a better magician in Dark Souls.

I am not addicted to gaming, but I feel like the worlds on the screen
are a lot more interesting than real life,
and for that reason I keep gaming. Again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment