Sunday 18 November 2012

Just got a job. Kind of.


So, fellow explorers of digitalism,

I've been here for about a year now, trying to find my place in this -dare I say it?- awfull dimension of Earth.
Getting a job is not exactly easy, it seems, but everything is so darn expensive here,
so I really need money.

I tried to apply for jobs in a sales sector,
but people thought my background and therefore my experience in sales is made up.
So.. I am forced to try something new, get a profession, and build experience from the ground up.

A year, is what it cost me to find something suiting for me.
I don't want to be a part of this modern civilisation,
so imagine the glee I felt when I heard of the 'New Belgica' Project.

The 'New Belgica' is a replica of the Norwegian build 'barque' ship,
bought by Adrien de Gerlache in 1897 for an expedition to the Antarctic.
After they got stuck in the ice, they were forced to spend the entire winter there.
This was a first for humanity.

See? Now this is something I can get behind,
building a replica of that legendary ship,
and make it sailable. (the replica will make transatlantic voyages when finished)

I've never ventured far into woodworking, but the people wanted me on the team anyway,
and I will learn techniques while building,
so yes, I am excited now.

I start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment